The Account Manager is commercially oriented and works collaboratively with clients and internal stakeholders in project management office, sales, sales operations and SIG operations to drive the Sales opportunities to closure in a timely manner. They are also to generate revenue by further developing client accounts, understanding and interpreting clients’ needs and requirements and obtaining orders for additional work.
Major Responsibilities, Activities and Task Statements:
- Manages scope changes with existing clients: track new SOWs, Change Orders to existing work due to change requests and log opportunities in SFDC as needed.
- Develop sales opportunity by analyzing the information obtained by participating calls with the client and PM.
- Gather business intelligence and develop accounts by checking customer’s activity history; suggesting related and new services to customers.
- Assist and participate in Governance meeting as needed.
- Build rapport with client which results in increase potential for repeat business.
- Accomplish department and organization goals by taking ownership for completing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job achievement.
- Generate opportunity progress report from SFDC and review with the PMO group and update the status accordingly in SFDC
- Share the report with Management and the Sales team
- Monitoring and provide PD KPI on a regular basis.
- Keep management and sales informed by submitting activity and results reports.
- Provide feedback and participation with account strategy.
- Provide on-going support and service to existing clients and act as a liaison between the client and internal stakeholders.
- Work with Sales to understand account dynamics, messaging or needs within the account
- Participating Sales call and training.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- BS degree in science or/and business and minimum of 3 year working knowledge in Project Management or/and Sales.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent active listening skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- strong ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers
- Travel (25%-30%) to client meetings, as needed.
- Life sciences sales experience
- CRM experience SFDC preferred