Location: Los Angeles, CA
Successful candidate will develop new business for satellite radio advertising sales at the client and agency levels. Responsible for the full sales cycle of advertising sales, and maximizing Sirius XM's revenue opportunities. Provides customer service to existing clients to maintain and develop business relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Generates leads, targets prospective clients and obtains meetings to make pitches and presentations.
* Responds to and follows-up on sales inquiries in a timely and attentive manner.
* Works with prospects to determine advertising needs and creates proposals that actively address client needs.
* Consistently closes deals.
* Identifies the most appropriate Sirius XM advertising formats for clients and makes recommendations for appropriate channels, programs and time slots.
* Negotiates and sells advertising time to national advertisers and ad agencies, using corporate pricing parameters.
* Communicates advertising and contract arrangements to the client.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 4 - 6 years of Ad Sales experience in a media/publishing/broadcasting organization.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Demonstrated success with conceptual and consultative selling.
* Demonstrated success in meeting annual budget and revenue goals.
* Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
* Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
* Well developed persuasion and influence skills; persistent and disciplined with client follow up.
* Strong customer service skills; ability to build productive and trusting relationships with clients.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast-paced and matrixed work environment.
* Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to take on responsibility.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to national clients.
* Possess a valid driver's license.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled