Account Manager (Medical Communications)
Publications/Publication Planning – Medical Communications- Healthcare Communications
Our client an excellent medical communications company is actively seeking an Account Manager with experience within the medical communications industry to manage client relations with assigned accounts/clients. Publications & Publication planning experience is required. This is a great opportunity for a Project Manager, Sr Project Manager, Account Manager who is looking to for continued career growth & advancement. Ideal candidates will have at least 3 or more years of industry specific experience, in a client servicing/client management, project execution role (NOT SALES) within a Medical Communications Company. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- This is a full time permanent staff position
- Competitive compensation package: annual performance & salary reviews, comprehensive benefits plan, PTO, a 401k and more
- Work/life balance, with flexibility to work a combination of both in the office and home
- Low turnover, strong management, organizational growth and continued career growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day activities in assigned accounts, working with and reporting to senior account services leadership.
- Drive the development and organic growth of assigned accounts.
- Meet with assigned clients and adding value added suggestions to client needs
- Create and foster a working relationship with assigned clients to develop an understanding of the client’s market, product profile, therapeutic area, competitors and trends.
- Ensure delivery of recommendations made from client meetings by working with internal departments.
- This is NOT a sales role; it is account management/client services.
- Oversee and manage all assigned client projects are in line with project specifications.
- Track all project costs for assigned projects to ensure set targets are met or exceeded.
- Meet account project deadlines.
- Develop accurate budget proposals for assigned projects.
- Interact and work with all relevant team members provide information that may assist in day-to-day work (i.e. project managers, project coordinators, etc.)
- Day to day primary point of contact for assigned client(s)/account(s)
- Execute and follow through on assigned actions from client and executive team member recommendations.
Job requirements: (Qualifying for this position requires the following)
- 3+ years of client interface/client management experience within a medical communications company setting
- Publications /Publication planning industry experience
- Prior experience with database management program is a plus (i.e. Datavision)
- BA/BS College degree preferred
- CMPP Certification a plus but not required
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Strong ability to work with & guide the project management team to participate in all phases of the project lifecycle from concept thru to completion
- Ensure that client service delivery meets customer needs while strengthening client relationship in order to expand business opportunities
- Direction of junior staff experience (project coordinators) is a plus, not required
- Individuals must be strong at managing multiple client deliverables at a given time, making sure deadlines are met, and budgets are maintained.
- Excellent relationship building, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Project)
Please send a word copy of your resume to email@example.com for consideration and more details on the opportunity.
Liberty Personnel Services
Key Words: (Medical Education, Medical Communications, Account Management, Account Executive, Publication Planning, Client Manager, Client Direction, Client Services, AMA, Healthcare Communications, Pharmaceutical Marketing, MedEd, MedCom, Medical Education, Account Supervisor, CMJE, GPP2, Sunshine Act Scientific Lead, ISMPP, The International Publication Planning Association (TIPPA), Pharmaceutical publication planning, Program Manager, Project Manager, Project Director, Program Director, Client Direction, Client Services, Medical Strategy, Oncology, CMJE, GPP2, Sunshine Act Scientific Lead, ISMPP, International Society of Medical Publication Professionals).