A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Region Director, the Northeast Pharmaceutical/Biotech Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales and expense goals as well as strategic objectives and customer satisfaction for the specific set of accounts assigned within their territory of Massachusetts. Devising and executing business plans and strategies to protect, expand, and grow existing account sales are key for success. Management reserves the right to add accounts to this territory as the business requires.
Who You Are:
Account managers are responsible for achieving all sales, growth targets, profit margins, forecast and revenue goals in an assigned territory through travel to assigned accounts, proactive (outbound) contact, and overall account/territory management.
- A bachelor's degree in science or related field or demonstrated equivalent experience is required.
- 3+ years direct sales and/or marketing management experience in the life sciences market
- Ability to travel up to 20% as necessary by vehicle and a Valid U.S. Drivers license
- Demonstrated Account Management skills including knowledge of Purchasing Departments, ability to maintain and grow top labs in key accounts. Proven ability to identify, drive and close sales employing a Technical and Tactical Consultative approach. Experience selling into Big Pharmaceutical companies
- Excellent communications (English speaking) and interpersonal relations skills
- Proven ability to deliver sales results while being a team player
- Ability to use telephone and computer equipment
- Located in or around Massachuesetts
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.