Location: Remote – based around Washington, DC/MD/VA area
We are currently seeking a proven salesperson in for FARO’s Public Safety – Forensics business who can execute on sales opportunities within the assigned territory. Through a consultative solution selling approach, you will be selling our innovative Focus3D Laser Scanner and Freestyle hand scanners as well as FARO’s best in class forensic, crash reconstruction, and virtual reality software to law enforcement, government, public safety investigative agencies, and private forensic engineering firms.
Sales of FARO’s cutting edge devices by Account Managers are generated through multiple avenues including lead follow-up, referrals, prospecting, management of existing accounts, and providing both virtual and on-site demonstrations of our hardware and software solutions.
FARO is different. Recognized for its speed and ground breaking innovation, FARO develops fascinating 3D technology widely used across technologically advanced industries including forensics, automotive, aerospace, architecture and engineering industries. We contribute to many innovative, exciting projects, such as F1, The Red Bull Sage project, the restoration of archaeological sites, and advanced reconstruction of crime, crash, and fire scenes throughout the world.
We are looking for a passionate, highly motivated, natural problem solver with proven sales experience who is looking for a challenging career where you can let your creativity shine and have the freedom to influence the solutions.
Our Account Manager will work out of a home office and will ideally be based around Washington, DC area. Relocation is not available for this position.
This position requires:
- Minimum 3 years of proven field sales success
- Passion for a long-term career in professional sales
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel extensively within the territory
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Completion of formal sales training program(s) or course(s)
- Software and/or technical solution sales
- Affinity toward technology and ability to quickly understand and embrace advanced technologies
- Experience selling to law enforcement, government, and public safety agencies, or knowledge of Forensic Science or Criminal Justice is a plus
- Team focused, problem solver with a passion to make a difference
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Generate sales revenues by performing product demonstrations to existing and prospective customers
- Evaluate customer needs and develop corresponding solutions across multiple aspects of the customer’s requirements including workflow processes, funding, investigative processes and forensic techniques
- Identify additional sales opportunities outside of traditional channels
- Work collaboratively with all available resources including Inside Sales Specialists, Applications Engineers, marketing and others to identify, advance, and close sales.
- Provide customer feedback to FARO R&D for new product innovations and product development
- Act as point of contact and provide support to customers before and after the sale
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees, but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and expense compensation package
- Paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events
- Occasional lifting of very light and lightweight materials, some lifting of average or heavy weight materials over 60 lbs., occasional bending, stooping and upper body & arm rotation, frequent pushing, pulling, sitting, standing and reaching and some climbing.
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs. on a regular basis.
With more than 26,000 installations and 13,000 customers globally, FARO develops and markets computer-aided coordinate measurement and imaging devices and software. Portable equipment from FARO permits high-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and compound structures within production and quality assurance processes. The devices are used for inspecting components and assemblies, production planning, 3D documentation, and for investigation and reconstruction of accident sites or crime scenes. They are also employed to generate digital scans of historic sites.
Principal products include the world’s best-selling portable measurement arm – the FaroArm®; the FARO® Laser Tracker ION; the FARO Laser ScanArm®; FARO® Laser Scanner; the FARO® Gage; CAM2 and a broad family of advanced CAD-based measurement and reporting software, and the world’s leading crime and accident reconstruction sofware. FARO Technologies is ISO-9001 certified and ISO-17025 laboratory registered.
If you have a winning history of sales success and a passion for high-end technical products, please apply today. As an employee of FARO, you will become part of a dynamic organization which values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.
FARO Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V