JobTitle: Account Manager -Japanese
Division: Air & Ocean
Location: Springfield Garden, NY
Workhour: 9:00 am- 6:00 pm
- Oversees the overall operations through management planning with a set objective and goal to maximize the profit and productivity of the department.
- Promote sales activities of the branch to maximize profit.
- Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the branch to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Supervise staff in accordance with company procedures.
- Coordinates with other departments and warehouse operations
- Responsible for training and coaching employees.
- Increase Profit and Revenue; improve the sales operational and fiscal activities of the branch
- Sustains an excellent Quality of Service; Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department for customer service
- Develops the best organizational structure that will ensure an excellent customer service as well as employee satisfaction; Analyze and document business process and problems. Develop solutions to enhance efficiencies, Coordinate and implement solutions from process analysis
- Communicates with Subordinates, Supervisors, Managers and Headquarters on Department operations. Schedule and conduct department meetings.
- Responsible for selecting the most cost-effective carrier for direct shipments and consolidation shipments. Seeks the best carrier rates.
- Responsible for verifying accuracy of all shipping instructions and documents (e.g. verifying number of pieces being shipped versus count number on airway bill, etc.)
- Examines and may possible delay dangerous goods shipments if packaging does not comply with FMC & IMDG regulations. If documentation is inadequate or incorrect, may return shipment to sender for repackaging.
- Ensures all special customer requirements and needs are met. Monitors all customer communications and responds when necessary. Recommends best method of transport (rail, air or ocean).
- Solves problems with shipment (e.g. canceled bookings, airline delays, lack of space on carrier and damaged freight, etc.)
- Prepares misc. reports (e.g. Profit report, cargo damage report and ISO).
- Takes initiative in developing new methods to increase business.
- Ensures Compliance of all Regulations. Supervises enforcement of FMC, C-TPAT security measures and DOT requirements.
- Scheduled weekly visiting a specific Japanese Customer to handle their Air/Ocean shipments and coordinate their needs of transportation by communicating in Japanese and English with the Customer.
- Regular and Courtesy visiting the Customers in order to maintain the relationship.
- Communicates with Customers & Overseas Agents, developing and enhancing relationship.
- Make sure the rates are current and market value. Obtain better rates from carriers and trucking.
- Researches customers in expanding business.
- Takes corrective and/or preventive actions.
- Asses the results, performance of all subordinates and subcontractors. Provide all staff with a necessary training program.
- Prepares various reports, send out Surveys and Service Evaluation.
- Reviews Customer contract and rates. Prepares for rate quote, arrange booking and cargo pick up.
- Provides booking information and on-hand report to clients.
- Verifies invoice and Account Payable and Account Receivable, Coordinates and ensures to post Invoices on time.
- Support Export Operations, Import Operations to communicate with domestic and overseas Customers and co-ordinate the shipments.
- Check the shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments.
- Handle accounting processes accurately and in a timely manner as they apply to the export department.
- Responsible for special shipments, and/or be in-charge of special Customers which assigned.
- Take some of the booking requests and receive Customer service calls.
- Request documents from shipper as required, this includes the POA, Commercial Invoice, P/L, Insurance Certificate and SLI.
- Review standard operation procedures to ensure compliance with all regulations, TSA, ISO, IMDG and Export Control including AES/EEL.
- Complete proper export documentation and send pre-alerts.
- Notify Customers of any delays regarding arrival or delivery of their cargo.
- Assist with any duties or projects, set up Trade Shows when called upon and complete them in the time allotted.
- Contact new Customers in order to make appointments, or newly handle their Export/Import.
- Joint Sales with other Salesperson, prepare the presentation materials for Customers.
- Collecting data/information as requested by Customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluent Japanese speaking, writing.
- Basic English reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge in Freight Forwarding and Logistics operations.
- Valid Driver’s License is mandatory.
- Knowledge of office processes, procedures, and technology, Experience in supervising team activities.
- Ability to read and interpret accounting and financial reports.
- Three to five years of office experience which includes supervisory responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays