As a member of the team supporting Microsoft's Corporate, External and Legal Affairs group, this role is an exciting opportunity to work on some of the most important issues facing the technology industry. We're looking for an Account Manager who can juggle multiple projects, deftly manage and negotiate strong outcomes across multiple client and stakeholder groups, and has a proven track record of storytelling across earned and owned channels. This position will help develop and drive strategies to support major business and corporate social initiatives while managing competing client priorities and expectations. Specific experience driving business and product-focused news campaigns is must for this role, as is the ability to develop and secure needle-moving stories in support of the client’s brand.
- Manage and grow senior level client relationships to assure internal and external stakeholders alignment, by negotiating and managing client expectations and satisfaction
- Identify and drive digital/social media strategies; either standalone or as elements of communication plans
- Develop and execute integrated communication plans
- Provide strategic counsel to key clients and serve as a trusted advisor on clients and competitors
- Inform, educate, and influence existing and potential future clients directly on WE value and positioning relative to competing agencies
- Build awareness and showcase capabilities, talent, and results internally and externally
- Share industry POV and strong understanding of shifts and opportunities in the competitive agency landscape.
- Assure internal and external stakeholders are aligned
- Serve as primary day-to-day contact with clients; proactively engage on issues
- Manage career development and performance of direct reports, managing up to senior staff on crisis issues, and client/team satisfaction while holding the team accountable to demonstrating agency values
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- 4-5 + years of experience in integrated communications or PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry; 2 + years of management experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with corporate image, business solutions communications and strategic communications across multiple audience segments.
- Exceptional media relations background with demonstrated capacity of working with global business, vertical/trade and policy press to manage story development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- High level of analysis and strategic recommendations based on industry knowledge
- High level of initiative; take accountability for role on projects
- Demonstrated creative and strategic mindset
- Has established editor and/or analyst relationships and has proactively placed stories
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.