Type of role: Salary plus commission (full-time or part-time)
Location: Near Foster City, CA
An established IT staffing company seeks an experienced Account Manager to take over customer account management responsibilities with existing clients in the South San Francisco area, preferably someone who lives in or near Foster City.
We’re looking for a self-motivated sales-oriented professional who values productivity and customer engagement. You will have the ability to work remotely from your home office, but will be expected to be on-site with customers at least three days per week. This position can be structured as full time or part-time (three days per week minimum), and offers a modest base salary with generous commissions.
We are looking for an Account Manager to strengthen and create long-term, trusting relationships with our existing customers. The Account Manager’s role is to interact with customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities. You will acquire and clarify technical requirements, follow up on candidate interviews and work closely with the recruiting team throughout the sales, recruiting, placement and on-boarding process.
The successful applicant will focus on acquiring additional customers from existing client companies who can benefit from our service offerings, as well as strengthening ties with existing customers. As Account Manager, you will be responsible for meeting weekly with client managers while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and professionalism. You will report to the VP of Operations and manage a minimum of 4 to 6 accounts at any given time.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of experience in account management or recruitment, preferably in the IT staffing industry
- Advanced problem resolution skills and communication abilities
- Excellent ability to interpret complex technical requirements and seek appropriate clarification from clients when necessary.
- Ability to acquire and clarify customers’ needs and match them with appropriate candidates and skill sets.
- Comfort with working with IT managers and directors in a professional fast-paced environment.