With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation’s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers’ compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Responsible for providing customer service and support to assist Producers and service team in supporting existing accounts and soliciting new business. This position may include independent responsibility for the servicing and retention of assigned customers and/or policies.
- Discusses strategy with producer or supervisor for policy renewals;
- Packages and markets applications to various carriers to obtain quotes
- May negotiate prices, commissions, and/or coverages with carriers;
- Reviews policies, identifies deficiencies and determines appropriate level of coverage;
- Manages renewal process for expiring policies;
- Reviews client accounting history, responds to accounting inquiries, and corrects account discrepancies including assisting in collections on past due accounts;
- Binds insurance coverage and prepares insurance binders;
- Assists with the preparation of presentations and/or proposals for clients;
- Gathers information for applications;
- Researches requests for information from underwriters;
- Composes correspondence to insured and/or underwriters;
- Inputs applications and creates letters, and other forms of correspondence;
- Prepares draft certificate templates for review and approval;
- Analyzes certificate requests and ensures clients needs are met;
- Engages in optimal and appropriate usage of applicable agency management systems;
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
2 - 4 years related work experience;
Valid insurance license and completion of one insurance class required
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Encouraged to complete Career Path requirements as communicated by supervisor
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Good problem solving and time management skills
Intermediate typing skills (30-35 wpm)
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Proficient in Agency Management System
For immediate consideration for this position, please click on the “Submit Resume” button.
Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you are applying for a job and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call our Career Center at 1-877-901-9473 and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.