TheAccount Representative for the Automotive MaterialsSection will provide a high level of customer service through various activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide excellent Customer Service
- Recommend, develop and/or participate in the development of plans and procedures which will improve departmental efficiency, morale, productivity and cost effectiveness
- Support and encourage team member participation in company continuous improvement programs
- Process new domestic and overseas orders on a weekly basis
- Control Inventory
- Analyze Data
- Place Sales Orders and Arrange for Delivery
- Communicate customer orders to ensure on-time delivery
- Calculate Pricing and Work with Budgets
- Maintain Excellent Relationships with Customers and Suppliers
- Set Up Parts in the Database
- Facilitate JIT
- Assisting with Accounting and Quality Issues
- Support supplier with customer visits/trial/meeting set up
- Apply and monitor quality control measures
- Analyze sales and gross profit results
- Up to 25% travel each month
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree with 3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience.Knowledge of Import and Export process. Knowledge of chemical/plastic resin sales, warehouse processes, and logistics helpful.Experience working with the Automotive OEM's.
Proficientcomputer skills including typing ability and experience with Microsoft Office, JD Edwards and Internet.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.Well-developed written & verbal communication skills.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to problem solve throughout the entire supply chain. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach, climb use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms, and frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Traveling will usually be tasked, so it is essential to have driving capabilities. Must be able to meet deadlines, handle stress, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously; must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.