- Analyze varying customer issues/inquiries and non-performing accounts to determine appropriate solutions
- Contact past-due customers and execute established procedures for the successful resolution of non-performing accounts, adhering to all applicable investor guidelines, requirements and regulations
- Respond to past-due customer-initiated requests and work with customer to resolve delinquency in a manner beneficial to all parties
- Negotiate the delinquent account resolution by balancing the financial risks/rewards to the bank with working with and meeting the needs of the customer
- Apply skip tracing techniques and strong negotiation skills when required
- Keep management apprised of complex or high-risk situations or issues
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with internal and external business partners, suppliers, vendors and regulatory officials
- Stay abreast of and incorporate changing regulations and procedures and ensure compliance
Monitoring and Follow-up (40%)
- Maintain accurate and timely information and records in Bank systems
- Analyze pertinent reports and function-specific data/metrics to identify delinquencies, default, foreclosure and other non-performing accounts
- Provide courteous and timely follow-up to calls and correspondence.
- Monitor proceedings in accordance with bank policies and applicable state and federal laws and guidelines
- Maintain contact with past-due customers throughout resolution process to ensure appropriate follow-through and resolution
- Working understanding of Consumer Collections and relevant function areas, including regulatory and consumer guidelines, pertinent documentation and initiatives (for example, property appraisals, Broker Price Opinions, Service Alignment Initiatives)
- Working knowledge of federal, state/provincial and local laws pertaining to Consumer Collections and functional area
- Familiarity with auto dialers and dialing platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and skip tracing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Keen analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Effectively deals with change and shifting priorities
- Strong and decisive problem solver
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of function-specific software and computer programs
- Proficient PC skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or 1-3 years of Collections experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in specific area of Collections Minimum of 2 years of experience in specific area of Collections
- Moderate skills
- High level of proficiency
- Receives general instructions on routine work
- Moderate complexity; exercises judgment within established policies/procedures
- Analytical Thinking
- Financial Acumen
- Change Management
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Process Improvement
- Risk Management
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.