The Account Specialist position reports directly to a member of the sales leadership team. The position is responsible for the development and management of UPM’s global customer base of leading aerospace manufacturers, medical devices producers and innovative technology firms. This includes overseeing day-to-day customer interactions and expanding sales of UPM’s product and service portfolio within existing accounts. The position will also be responsible for fostering new customer relationships and increasing the company’s penetration of target markets and geographies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintain exceptional customer relationships through regular interactions (voice, e-mail, chat & face-to-face) to identify needs, manage customer expectations and provide regular updates on order status.
• Promote products and value added services to new and existing customers to achieve assigned individual quotas and overall team metrics including working proactively with Management, Marketing and Business Development to foster new relationships in target markets or geographies (domestically and internationally). This Includes working collaboratively with Marketing group to qualify and close sales leads that have been generated by phone calls, e-mails, faxes and web inquiries. The position is also responsible for contacting and reactivating dormant customers.
• Analysis of customer and market trends to determine strategies and related actions. Includes the formatting and dissemination of sales intelligence into reports and communications for team and management review.
• The planning, preparation and execution of sales calls (face-to-face or electronic) with existing or potential customers in specific geographies.
• Represent UPM at trade meetings and events.
• Coordinate company resources to create positive customer experiences and increase retention.
• Utilizes company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems to:
o Enter orders, quotes and proposals
o Reserve and allocate material
o Manage and expedite orders through the fulfillment process
o Enter customer notes and important contact data
Our employees also enjoy our great benefits! See the list below of all the awesome aspects of UPM:
- Competitive Pay & Bonus Package
- Diverse & Inclusive Workforce
- Local Community Support
- Worksite Wellness Programs
- 401K Match
- Dynamic & Collaborative Team Environment
- Individualized Career Development Plans
- Work Life Balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.