Do you check the headlines on your newsfeed before you’ve had even a sip of your morning coffee? Do you love working at newsroom speed to spot and even influence trends before they become headlines?
Golin Dallas is hiring a Senior Media Manager within our Connector Community to drive PR strategy and execution that keeps our top consumer clients relevant with the people who matter. You’ll bring strong media relationships and always be on the lookout to create new ones. You’ll transform brand milestones and data into compelling stories and craft interesting content that goes beyond the press release. You’ll flex your creative muscles to come up with new ideas and ground-breaking ways to generate earned coverage for consumer clients.
Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting edge digital content and media relations, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year and winner of a 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy, and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Sound like you want to “Go All In” with us? Here are the details:
What You’ll Do:
- Build strong relationships with national, regional and trade media as well as bloggers and influencers that allow you to get ahead of coverage opportunities and craft successful earned media strategies
- Continually seek out and create opportunities to place stories in all types of media, from traditional to digital to influencers
- Develop and implement media strategies for planned campaigns, ongoing “news engine” programs and real-time news events that lead to ongoing, positive media coverage
- Stay ahead of trends and create story opportunities from real-time news events
- Create great stories from clients’ business developments and data
- Develop compelling, media-focused content, ranging from press releases and written pitches to digital and video content
- Work daily with media across multiple channels, including email, social media and phone
- Leverage clients’ channels to amplify media coverage
- Respond to issues and crisis communications
- Recommend and track measurement KPIs
- Participate in and attend client meetings
- Collaborate with teams across multiple disciplines and geographies and successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
- Interact with clients to present strategic recommendations addressing challenges and opportunities, as well as in “think on your feet” situations
- Bachelor’s degree, and at least 5-8 years of related experience
- Proven experience working with media and a strong portfolio of story placements for national consumer brands
- Superior writing and editing skills that can communicate creatively and in an engaging manner
- Understanding of earned media strategy and experience creating media plans
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and superior client service skills
- Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but as part of a team
- Be detail oriented with an ability to focus on the larger picture
- Provide sound counsel and be comfortable providing editorial and response recommendations to clients
- Experience managing teams, clients and deliverables
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and client teams at all levels