Job Posting: Oct 23, 2017 -
Closing Date: Oct 31, 2017
Primary Location: GA-Fulton-Atlanta
Number of Openings: 1
Shift: Day Job
Job Summary:Under direct supervision, performs paraprofessional accounting and fiscal control functions, such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll preparation, budget monitoring or related general accounting processes.
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum qualifications to include State Entry Qualifications as well as Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications
STATE ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Associate’s degree in a business curriculum or related field from an accredited college or university
• High school diploma or GED AND Two years of experience performing accounting and/or fiscal control functions
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
• Knowledge and experience of general accounting principles and standards.
• Demonstrated experience producing spreadsheets and financial reports.
• Demonstrated experience querying, analyzing, and reconciling information extracted and accounting system (Queries and other related reports).
• Demonstrated ability to plan, distribute, and monitor work assignments; evaluate work performance and provides feedback to others on their performance.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with others to influence, motivate, and challenge them.
• Demonstrated experience identifying and analyzing problems; gathering, interpreting, and evaluating information to determine its accuracy and relevance; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and recommend a solution.
• Displays a high standard of ethical conduct.
• Committed to providing quality customer service.
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated experience using PeopleSoft Financials
• Demonstrated experience reviewing the Payable Due Proof Report and Luminist Payment activity Report daily.
• Demonstrated experience using the ScanSnap ix500 software.
• Demonstrated experience in processing time in Covendis timekeeping software.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GDOT JOBS
The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. In addition to the interview, the final selection is based on the applicant’s work history and performance (documented in HR and/or Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code), employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks (including references and commendations from Managers and other relevant documentation) and, for supervisory positions, demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work history will be considered.
Good Employment Standing:
In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for 12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active until 12 months after the date of conclusion). In addition, an employee must have an overall ePerformance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any employee from consideration for selection who is pending a disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the employee’s favor, he or she will be allowed to compete.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
UPON PROMOTION, THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
GDOT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER