Are you interested in working 32 hours a week with an amazing team and a nationally recognized award-winning culture?
Transition Staffing Group (TSG), a fast-growing recruiting firm is seeking an internal team member who is detail-oriented, reliable, competent, positive and strategic.
This position is an intricate support role and requires a high level of competency. The ideal candidate has excellent people skills, mature, strategic judgment and is analytical.
The role is a sole accounting person handling everything from Accounts Payable through the financial statement preparation. The position reports to the CFO and CEO directly.
- Processes full cycle Accounts Payable weekly
- Sets up vendors and handles all vendor communication
- Ensures accurate GL coding of invoices
- Posts daily cash receipts and manages relationship with outsourced bank
- Responsible for liability payments to vendors and withdrawals from employees
- Processes 401k payments and monitors/reconciles balances
- Onboards clients, establishes credit limits and monitors balances
- Primary contact for collections of all Accounts Receivable and ensures clients pay within terms of the Agreement
- Handles account and bank reconciliations
- Complete month-end financial file and check lists to ensure accurate accounting
- Processes quarterly tax payments
- Prepares and posts journal entries
- Prepares monthly commission statements
- Experience with budget to actuals, creating budgets and monitoring expenses
- Prepares all financial statements, audits and ensures accuracy prior to submitting to CFO for review
- Evaluates current systems, processes and establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems
- Year end financial preparation, 1099’s, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between internal team, clients, and temporary employees
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or an Accounting Certificate
- Has experience with QuickBooks (highly preferred not required)
- Strong reconciliation and analytical skills
- Able to confidentially and quickly learn to work with a variety of technologies and databases
- Strong Excel VLookups and Pivot Tables (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Can meet deadlines and enjoys having a large array of accounting responsibilities to prioritize
- Thrives in fast-paced environment
- Has a positive, can-do attitude that always sees the solution versus the problem
- Award-winning culture recognized nationally in 2018 and 2019 by Staffing Industry Analysts
- Five-time winner of the San Diego Business Journal’s “Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies” with over 15 years in business
- 1000+ Five-star reviews from our client and candidate base
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision and matching 401k
- Great culture and centrally located in Sorrento Valley
- Cutting edge technologies
*During COVID and moving forward: training and daily operating of this position will be conducted at TSG’s office with approximately 10 or less people on any given day. Some telecommuting may be permitted in the future but this typically occurs after six months of employment.