How would you like to go to work every day knowing that the work you do helps our communities to be a better place? How would you like to be involved in the betterment of the people you work with in communities all over the state? If your career interests including being a trusted business advisor, community leader, mentor and progressive business professional, then you’ve found the right place. We are currently seeking an experienced Accountant (paraprofessional bookkeeper) to join our team.
The qualified candidate will possess at least 3 yrs experience working with bookkeeping services for external clients. Candidates must possess excellent client service skills, the ability to effectively multitask and meet tight deadlines. Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with MS Office Suite, Quickbooks and other accounting software programs. An associate’s degree in business or business related field is preferable but will substitute experience for education.
- Record financial transactions and other account information to update and maintain accounting records.
- Compile reports and tables to show statistics related to cash receipts, expenditures, A/P, A/R and profit and loss.
- Verify balances and entries, calculations, and postings.
- Post debits and credits
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Evaluate records for accuracy of balances, postings, calculations, and other records pertaining to business or operating transactions and reconciles, or notes discrepancies.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Recent bookkeeping experience
- Detail oriented and good with numbers
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Sound organizational skills
- Ability to positively interact with many types of people
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Proficient with office technology and equipment. Including MS Office and others
- Experience with Quickbooks and other accounting systems
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Must possess a valid government issued drivers license
This is a great opportunity to work for a firm that can provide career advancement and fulfillment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- A culture of flexibility and autonomy
- Regular feedback and advice on work progress
- A collaborative team environment with access to all levels of experience
- Opportunity to explore niche industries and markets
- Outstanding personalized continuing education program
- Relaxed dress code coupled with a fun, friendly environment
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance options
- Paid life and long term disability insurance
- Team Member Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Plan (Section 125)
- 401K plan
EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY