Responsible fordailyaccounting and financial reporting functions. Primary responsibilities include reconciling cash and other accounting categories, preparing daily/weekly/monthly accounting entries and provide cash management support. Reporting to the controller, this will also be part of a team that assures all accounting entries are accurate and timely.
- Generating accurate journal entries to support daily activity
- Review and recordation of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity
- Reconcile various accounting categories such as cash, receivables, etc.
- Preparation of workpapers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances
- Coordinate and record investments made in Funds, securities, overnight funds, etc. for insurance company.
- Review of expenses incurred and proper allocation to multiple entities
- Maintenance of fixed asset records for accurate depreciation expense
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelors in accounting.
- C.P.A. is preferred but not required
- 3+ years experience in accounting.
- Experience with Sage Accounting Systems is preferred but not required
- Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Accountable for specific performance
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same
- Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Exceptional work ethic
- Experience with Sage Accounting System and Microsoft Access desirable
- Experience with Excel
Typical Mental Demands:
- Good command of the English language and be able to proofread work
- Detailed, organized and communicative
- Responsive team player with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.