Northern Star Resources Limited (ASX: NST) is a global-scale Australian gold producer with Tier-1 world-class projects located in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. Northern Star's gold mines are all world-class, low-cost, high-grade gold mines, which together have produced over 20 million ounces to date. This large inventory means a further 10 years of mine life visibility ensuring Northern Star has a long future based on its Tier-1 operations of Kalgoorlie, Jundee and Pogo. Since acquiring these operations, Northern Star has been able to significantly extend the mine life and grow the resource base of all of our mines by investing heavily in near-mine and in-mine exploration.
We currently have an opportunity for an Accountant at our Pogo Fairbanks Office working a schedule of Monday - Friday, 8 hours per day. Candidates living in the Fairbanks North Star Borough will be given first consideration.
- Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonuses,
- Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D insurance and other benefits such as 401k and paid leave
Provide financial information to the Finance Controller, and the primary role is to manage the financial reporting requirements for the Company, within the Finance Department.
Specific Departmental Requirements
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
- Prepare fixed asset sub-ledger; Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system;
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed;
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the general ledger;
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets;
- Calculate asset retirement obligations for those fixed assets to which AROs are applicable;
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries;
- Prepare monthly journal entries;
- File and maintain all journal entries for internal and audit purposes;
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business related degree, Accounting designation, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES: Valid driver's license.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years relevant work experience. Prefer experience with ADP and Pronto software or an industrial background.
SKILLS: Critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, and attention to detail. Strong planning and organizational skills, time management, data entry management, general math skills, effective written and verbal and communication skills to satisfy training, safety, and electronic message transmission policies of the company. Demonstrated computer skills in Windows environment with experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
ABILITIES: Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision, ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing priorities. Proven ability to read, comprehend, and apply information from technical manuals and other reference materials. Ability to work in a team with a high regard for Quality and Environmental concerns and with a strong commitment to Safety and Safe Production. Ability to prepare reports. Ability to interpret requests for information and provide requested information in a comprehensive format.
KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of accounting, GAAP, IFRS, corporate finance, reporting, reporting research results, SFAS rules, and confidentiality.
Must pass a post offer physical and drug test, as well as a background check.
JOINING NORTHERN STAR'S TEAM
Northern Star offer fantastic internal opportunities for you to progress and develop your career as well as a competitive remuneration package including incentives and benefits.
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local community in which we operate. We are a proud supporter of the Veterans' Employment Commitment and recognize the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.