The Chick-fil-A Financial Services Department is made up of many sub-departments that support Chick-fil-A Franchisees and Chick-fil-A, Inc. As an Accountant, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Chick-fil-A through challenging and meaningful work while building your professional brand, gaining accounting experience, and preparing for a successful career.
By applying for this position, applicants will automatically be considered for all positions listed below and will be placed based on their skills, interests, and business need.
When you submit your application, you will be asked which Accounting Team interests you most. Please rank your preference: 1 = most preferred and 4 = least preferred. If you progress in the process, we will discuss the various positions more thoroughly. We will make every effort to accommodate your preference based on available positions remaining on each team.
Restaurant Cash Management Accountant:
- Performs analysis and reconciliation of Franchisee level cash activity and procedures including credit, gift card and disbursement transactions for up to 200 Franchisees.
- Proactively identifies cash and credit risks and reports potential issues that may impact financial results
- Identifies enhancements or changes to current processes that may be needed
- Uses analytical and technical skills to identify trends and to speak to broad perspective of Restaurant Cash Management
- Demonstrates competence in performing Cash Management reconciliation for all incoming and outgoing payments and associated GL accounts for Franchisees, Chick-Fil-A Inc., Dwarf House Group, and other subsidiaries
- Communicates proactively and effectively with Operators, 3rd party vendors and internal staff.
- Responsible for accounting on all Chick-fil-A, Inc. lease agreements, amendments, extensions and other financial agreements covering our restaurant sites and corporate properties
- Perform audit, payment, and accounting of rent, property tax, and other occupancy costs
- Process landlord invoices which involve on the job training to enable reading/interpreting lease language and disputing incorrect charges
- Opportunity to work on cross-functional projects related to the new lease accounting standard
- Develop relationships across the business to be a trusted resource for lease information
Lease Audit Accountant:
- Responsible for auditing, paying and accounting for real estate occupancy costs for Chick-fil-A restaurants in certain geographic regions by applying lease language to invoices and billings
- Serve as the primary rental contact for Landlords and Chick-fil-A Franchisees for ongoing rental obligations
- Research and reconcile outstanding issues on Landlord statements
- Initiate and manage the dispute process with landlords to pursue refunds and any overbilled charges with the potential of savings for Chick-fil-A, Inc., and Franchisees
- Ensure proper accounting entries and accruals are made on both Chick-fil-A, Inc. financial statements and Restaurant Franchisee Fee Calculation Reports
- Develop relationships across the business to be a trusted resource and problem solver on lease audit issues
Restaurant Financial Reporting Accountant:
- Exposure to a variety of private industry accounting needs
- Reconcile and research multiple general ledger accounts, verification of disbursements, gain accounting software systems experience (Oracle), and review of monthly franchise fee data
- Exposure to key leaders from various functional areas
- Perform special project work supporting operations, marketing, and new growth
- Directly support Owner/Operators and their Restaurant(s) financial questions, with flexibility and openness to occasionally support outside core support center hours
Capital Asset Reporting Accountant:
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset account and close out those accounts once the related project has been completed
- Calculate and record fixed asset depreciation and appropriate retirements
- Validate the existence of fixed asset through the reconciliation of multiple reports
- Track restaurant property tax liability from local assessment data and communicate to stakeholders
- Partner with professionals across the organization to provide perspective for various initiatives
- Knowledge and understanding of Chick-fil-A’s standard suite of work solutions (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude for problem solving and innovation
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams and independently
- Demonstrated leadership experience managing multiple deadlines
- Willingness to travel up to 5%
- Must pass Chick-fil-A accounting test