Accountant/Human Resources Coordinator in Seattle, WA
We’re looking for an experienced Accountant/Human Resources Coordinator to join our team of passionate employees!
Olympic Foundry isn’t just one of the world’s leading providers of castings – we’re a tight-knit family of smart, hard-working professionals dedicated to making a difference. For over a century, we’ve contributed to economic development by providing high-quality parts for some of the world’s leading manufacturers.
This is a great opportunity to work with a growing organization looking to retain and develop the right person. A truly cross-functional role where you’ll be exposed to all facets of accounting. The successful candidate will provide a supporting role to our Controller and ensure accuracy in their work. You’ll be expected to continually develop and master new skills with many opportunities for increased responsibilities.
Terms: Full-time, competitive salary, benefits package that includes 401K, health/dental/vision/life insurance, long-term disability, and paid time off.
· Prepare various journal entries
· Ensure accurate transaction recording
· Assist in the monthly and year-end close process
· Assist in the maintenance of inventory costing
· Analyze cost data and report anomalies to management to control expenses
· Answer accounting and financial questions by researching data for stakeholders
· Process outgoing wires and ACH in banking system
· Assist Controller with payroll system and payroll related items including processing semi-monthly payroll, month-end journal entries, and monthly expense reports
· Conduct recruiting, hiring, and termination processes
· Manage employee compensation and benefits programs including medical/dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, paid time off, etc.
· Maintain personnel management files including training, employment laws, and benefits
· Responsible for year-end budgeting, 1099 documents, 1094 documents, and W-2 forms
· Create and maintain process documentation
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
· 2 years of accounting or related bookkeeping experience
· Knowledge of US GAAP standards
· Ability to function in accordance with established standards and procedures
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· General ledger experience is a plus
· SAP or ERP experience is a plus