Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE: FII) for world-class investment management. Federated has grown to become one of the nation's largest investment managers with $437 billion in assets under management.
Federated has honed its disciplined investment process over a half-century to deliver style-consistent investment products, including 123 domestic and international equity, fixed-income and money market funds, as well as a variety of separately managed accounts. Federated's diversified product line is distributed through more than 8,400 financial intermediaries and institutions who assist investors in meeting their unique objectives. For additional information about Federated Investors visit FederatedInvestors.com.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 7573
POSITION TITLE: ACCOUNTANT I TREASURY
DEPARTMENT: CORPORATE TREASURY
- Bachelor degree in Accounting required; successful completion or progress toward passing the CPA exam preferred
- Up to two years of accounting and/or business experience required
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word; knowledge of Oracle financial application desired
- Research and record all cash receipts in a timely manner and track any unapplied cash receipts that require further investigation.
- Develop and maintain electronic files of certain receipt information as requested and upload the files into Oracle.
- Clear all receipts and cash disbursements applicable to the master checking account in the Oracle Cash Management module.
- Research and claim, if necessary, any unclaimed property held under the name of a Federated entity at any state agency.
- Work with Accounts payable for the processing of daily wire transfers and ACH transactions via Federated’s various online cash management applications. This includes ensuring appropriate corporate signatures for cash disbursements were obtained in order to comply with departmental internal controls for safeguarding the liquid assets of the company.
- Initiate foreign denominated wire transfers via online FX cash management applications and ensure the applicable foreign accounts are properly funded.
- Prepare the daily cash position report for distribution to members of senior and executive management. Determine and execute each day’s investment redemption or purchase and/or debt payments/borrowings.
- Monitor cash accounts for fraudulent activity on a daily basis. Respond to check exceptions through the payee positive pay service via Pinacle. Also, monitor the ACH debit block via Pinacle to ensure all direct debits to FII accounts are valid.
- Review and update operating methods and procedures to promote efficiencies. Maintain up-to-date written procedures for all assigned responsibilities in order to comply with the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002.
- Calculate the weighted average stock price of FII stock on a monthly basis for input into the EPS calculation.
- Reconcile certain general ledger accounts applicable to the balance sheet on a monthly basis.
- Prepare a monthly analysis of bank fees and explain to management the reasons for any fluctuations on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Project future cash flows for FII’s international subsidiaries and discuss cash needs with management of Corporate Treasury and Financial Reporting.
- Perform all recordkeeping functions for the Federated Investors Foundation, Inc. checking and investment accounts including logging all cash disbursements and providing the tax department the information needed to file the IRS Form 990.
- 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (overtime as required)
- Federated Investors Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines set by management in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong analytical and accounting skills required
- Demonstrate decision making and problem solving skills with attention given to detail and accuracy.
- Cooperative attitude and ability to work in a team environment
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.EOE