ACCOUNTANT II OPENING
Will receive a company phone, laptop and home docking station with two additional monitors to allow the individual to work more efficiently from home when needed.
Highly visible role within the $9B+ organization
The position will be cross-functional at times, and it plays an active on various special projects.
This individual is directly exposed the variety of companies and industries the company is involved in... automotive, aviation, hospitality, entertainment, golf and adventure companies.
Countless future growth opportunities - Being successful in is commonly respected across the entire organization, as its understood that it requires a certain level of polish, maturity, discretion, ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities.
Why Work For THIS company:
- Diverse, established and stable $9B+ company with smaller company feel, hyper focused on being at the forefront of where their industries are going.
- The company puts great emphasis on promoting and practicing an employee and family-focused culture
- They believe strongly in employee development and succession planning, offering multiple avenues for upward and cross-functional mobility via Corporate and the 5 independently operating affiliated companies.
- The CFO and CAO are lockstep in promoting a positive and collaborative working environment.
- The company is very involved in the local community via multiple philanthropic programs and social events held annually.
- Very generous company car program for managers and up. New car every 10K miles, company pays for the employees auto insurance, any car maintenance/repairs and the monthly out of pocket to the employee is a fraction of the cost of a lease...with zero upfront payment!
- Annual bonuses have paid out at or above target for the last 10 years!
- Generous benefits package, with significant discounts on monthly insurance premiums for health & wellness and being tobacco-free.
- Very nice modern multi-building campus with a cafeteria, and all employees have free access to a state-of-the-art gym facility, professional trainers and workout classes.
We are comprised of a consortium of automotive, hospitality, entertainment, golf and adventure companies. These organizations include: Gulf States Toyota, GSFSGroup, GSM, US AutoLogistics, Ascent Automotive Group, Auberge Resorts Collection, Imperative Entertainment, 30WEST, NEON, Diamond Creek Golf Club, Congaree and Legendary Adventure
Company: Established Diverse Multibillion-dollar Houston-based Industry Leader
Location: West Houston Area
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Accounting
Comp: Market Base (BOE), Plus 15% Bonus Target
Other: Excellent benefits package, bonuses consistently pay out at or above target, positive and fast-paced work environment, multiple upward and cross-functional growth opportunities available, state of the art onsite gym w/ daily access to personal trainers, workout classes etc.
The Accountant II will analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. Provides general accounting services; ensure that all financial data is recorded accurately and on time within Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company policy.
- Execute Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Close of the General Ledger for companies as assigned.
- Code approved invoices and review AP batches Maintain AR schedule and post deposits.
- Reconcile bank accounts and prepare journal entries Prepare journal entries -- including recurring entries -- for Month End Close.
- Consult with Manager regarding materiality decisions on close entries.
- Analyze, generate and process intercompany entries needed to adjust or reallocate expenses between entities.
- Prepare, review and/or post Intercompany billing forms Maintain well-documented work-papers for journal entries and account reconciliations. As part of the reconciliation process, review the reasonableness of balance sheet and income statement accounts in order to determine that all necessary entries have been recorded.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts in a timely fashion including intercompany balances; resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Maintain Fixed Assets schedule, record depreciation for companies as assigned.
- Calculate and prepare funding requests and journal entries for payments in a timely manner.
- Prepare state compliance forms monthly. Incorporate new companies in current accounting processes. Analyze monthly and year-end financial data to ensure that it is recorded accurately, in accordance with GAAP and statutory accounting standards.
- Coordinate and communicate actions between the affiliated companies.
- Compile Tax checklist throughout the year.
- Research and resolve accounting transaction questions and other customer issues in an agreed upon timeframe.
- Strive to satisfy customers. Minimize referrals to management. Participate in continuous improvement teams to enhance and/or streamline accounting processes. Performs other duties as assigned.
- May participate in or support project and process improvement teams.
- Collaborates with co-workers and Company leaders to leverage knowledge and experience to improve processes, procedures and the work environment in order to eliminate inefficient and ineffective processes and procedures.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in accounting with 3 to 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate Excel experience required, Family office experience desired, Proficient in effective communication (both oral and written) Proficient in change management (promote, coordinate, and support) Effective Interpersonal Skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is a plus.