We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
Purpose:This Investment Accountant II is responsible for supporting the accounting and reporting of the growing mortgage loan portfolio.
- Perform basic mortgage and real estate accounting and processes
- Accurately post new deals and monthly remittance activity to the sub-system (LMS, SBO and potentially PAM) and general ledger
- Research loan boarding and remittance variances and work with Asset Managers and Servicers to resolve variances.
- Assist in producing and supporting the financial analysis of operating results, balance sheets, and other key performance indicators.
- Assist in preparation of GAAP, Statutory and other reports and schedules.
- Assist in preparing month end analytics and reports
- Maintains an astute awareness to ISDA standards and best practices. Assist in establishing, analyzing, reviewing and maintain sound controls to support client and regulatory needs
- Responds quickly and accurately to ad-hoc queries and requests
- Support internal and external audit requests
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 4-6 years of accounting experience is required; preference to candidates with 2+ years of mortgage or real estate accounting experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience required
- Knowledge of GAAP and Statutory financial accounting regulations is preferred.
- Experience with purchased investment and accounting systems (PAM), Bloomberg, and Aladdin Platform is preferred.
- Knowledge of investment types is preferred.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.