This position is responsible for all financial reporting of CHRISTUS Grants and Loans, Revenue Business Services, Supply Chain and TLRA departments.The individual will also aid in assistance to the International Accountant. Thorough understanding and extensive knowledge of accounting principles is required. An understanding of purchasing and accounts payable systems is very helpful. This position will assist with all financial reporting, budget creation and reconciliation and will be responsible for development and on-going support of the information management costing processes.
- Produce reports that can easily be read by management to reflect the financial position of the organization.
- Suggest changes in operations for possible operational improvements.
- Provides support to the Corporate Financial Reporting Group with month-end close.
- Work with the Financial Reporting Department to ensure data integrity, accuracy and in accordance with GAAP.
- Serves as a project team member for building, implementing and deploying new applications selected for CHRISTUS Health Corporate Finance/Accounting departments.
- Support end-users with requests and/or training needs.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Business Administration / Finance required
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Five years experience in Accounting/Finance / Accounts Payable
- Experience required in a deadline-oriented, multi-task environment
- Experience with Purchasing and Accounts Payable systems, preferred but not required
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management and other Associates
- General Ledger Accounting experience preferred, but not required
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- CPA preferred but not required
- CRA a plus
- CRC a plus