Under direction of the Plant Controller, the Plant Accountantis responsible for the cost accounting and reporting function,andhas oversight of facilityinventory and product cost processes,includingdevelopment and maintenance of product standard costs in accordance with financial and company policies and procedures. Key customers are the Plant Controller, Plant Manager and plant leadershipteam, as well as various division and corporate accounting functions.He/she is the backup for all duties of the Plant Controller when appropriate.
The Plant Accountantmust understand and align business operations and the finance function as he/she executes the role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Actively support the Facility’s Safety and Engagement objectives.
- Responsible for all cost accounting requirements of the facility including inventory, cost of goods sold, special accruals, variance analysis, reconciliations.
- Responsible for producing, as needed, profitability analysis for customers and product lines.
- Participate in Facility’s Month End Process including production of reports, graphs, and presentation of results in the Monthly Business Review Meeting.
- Provide financial analysis of facility key performance indicators including but not limited to EVA’s, forecasts, and outlooks.
- Oversee the facility’s Cost Reduction and Spoilage Reduction process.
- Participate in various forecasting projects as requested by users.
- Acts as lead in preparing facility operating plan.
- Support strategic and capital operating plan preparation.
- Participate in balance sheet reviews, self-audits and peer reviews.
- Support plant controller as needed for compliance to GPI reporting requests.
- Complete special projects, as requested.
- Proficient in SAP
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong Written and Oral Skills
- Prior experience in QAD preferred.
- Six Sigma certification preferred (Yellow belt or above).
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours; Ability to work overtime.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Typical schedule consists of M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Prior experience in Standard costing, variance analysis.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required; CPA or MBA preferred.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Click hereto view the EEO is the Law Poster.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.