Every day, our Accountants play a critical role in partnering with internal stakeholders to achieve the mission of POET by driving a greater understanding of financial knowledge and business acumen through daily interactions. A typical day for this position may include contributing to the team by documenting financial transactions, preparing account entries, compiling and analyzing results, and making recommendations to the business units.
A TYPICAL DAY COULD INCLUDE:
- Perform general accounting, maintain accounting records, and other related duties in daily administration of accounting department.
- Assist in maintenance of the general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, and month-end duties.
- Recommend, design, and implement any necessary process improvements and internal controls.
- Assist outside auditors at year-end to include preparing schedules, gathering and providing explanations of supporting documentation and procedures and preparing other necessary data.
- Support the preparation of monthly financial statements to include the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, and variance analysis.
- Accounting for inventory and related costs including reconciliations, analysis, and reporting.
- Conduct project work as assigned to support the business unit strategies.
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
- Maintain a team environment at all times and champion POET in the community.
- Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skill may be put to a lot of other uses!
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance is required;
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience, or
- Associate’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
- A broad understanding of accounting principles and practices is required.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated skillset as a peer resource and ability to train others.
- Detail oriented and a critical thinker.
- Dedicated to maintaining confidentiality on all business matters.
- Honest, ethical, and conscientious about assignments.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic and changing environment.
- Eager to learn and change the world – Never Satisfied.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. You’re capable of learning new programs.
- This position is largely self-directed and requires understanding of company policy, procedures, and values.
We believe POET stands alone as the most seasoned, accomplished and efficient force in biorefining. People like you made that happen.
With the right mix of creativity, hard work and team play, we can make great things happen for a lot of people. For you, there are many rewards:
- Personal fulfillment -- sharpening your own expertise among the brightest, most seasoned in the industry
- The energy that comes with developing an exploding new industry
- Collaborating with colleagues who know how to get the job done right
- Work that makes a real difference for thousands of people in communities across the country
- Work that has significant global impact in both environmental and economic terms
- A chance to make your mark on more than an industry, but a movement
This kind of responsibility may not be for everyone. If you're ready to take it on, we want to hear from you. This much we can guarantee: At POET, every day brings something new. We hope one of them brings us you.
POET offers competitive total rewards that allow you to select the benefits that best fit your needs;
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) plus Paid Holidays
- Auto & Home Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement plan
- Profit sharing
- Smoke free campus
- Tuition reimbursement
- Team member assistance program
- Wellness perks; onsite fitness center, massage therapy room, aerobics room, lockers and showers, etc.
- Income protection:
- Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- Spouse Supplemental Life and AD&D
- Children’s Term Life Insurance
- Short (STD) & Long (LTD) Term Disability & more!
We have grown from a single, humble refinery in Scotland, South Dakota, to one of the world’s largest producers of ethanol and other biorefined products.
With products like our Dakota Gold distillers grains, Voila corn oil and JIVE asphalt rejuvenator, we are using that same innovative spirit to develop natural, renewable food sources and alternatives to petrochemicals.
We have an integrated business model that combines technology development with expertise in construction, operations, risk management and marketing.
Our engineers and scientists have developed technology and processes through rigorous testing at POET's laboratories and pilot-scale plant.
While the scope of our vision has grown, we remain focused on reducing the reliance of the United States on foreign energy, to revitalizing global agriculture, and providing a cleaner, affordable alternative to fossil fuels.
At POET, we believe our future looks so much brighter above the ground!
ABOUT SIOUX FALLS, SD
The community-wide efforts in Sioux Falls to maintain one of the healthiest environments in the nation in which to live, work and raise a family are making headlines.
Don’t Just Survive. Thrive in South Dakota. YOU CAN LIVE HERE!
Click and scroll down to reveal the Real Economic Benefit Calculate Your Real Wage
- Life Insurance
- Gym Memberships
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Concierge Services
- Performance bonus
- Long Term Disability
- Free Food and Coffee
- Professional Development
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transportation Allowance
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Referral Program
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Paid sick days
- Merchandise Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Events
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits!!