Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Position Description (scope of work or brief narrative):
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of key accounts.
- Compile and analyze financial information in order to prepare and input monthly journal entries into CostPoint to document business transactions.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations that include supporting documentation to substantiate the balance.
- Document processes and procedures for the duties performed
- Understand the interaction of the various balance sheet accounts with the financial and business operations
- Research and provide timely replies to the external auditors for the yearend audit and quarterly reviews
- Prepare quarterly analytics for accounts in support of the yearend audit and quarterly review
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting processes and procedures that will insure strong internal controls.
- Maintain accounts in accordance with US generally accepted accounting principles
- Support the general ledger manager and others on special projects, as required
- Adhere to policies and promote a strong control environment
Detailed description of experience, training, and other requirements for job performance:
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Must work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong verbal and writing skills. Emails, communications and guidance must be concise, clear and easily understood
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to receive and implement guidance
- Proficient Excel skills, including pivot tables, filtering, and formulas
- Systems: CostPoint and Cognos
- Govcon experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.