Responsible for general ledger stewardship and month-end close. Reconciles balance sheet accounts. Researches, investigates and reports issues and corrections related to general ledger transactions. Responsible for the review of the income statement, balance sheet and other reports as needed for variance analysis, support or explanations. Provides ad-hoc analysis as requested. Builds relationships with region teams by resolving any questions, researching transactions and budget / trend variances, and communicating regularly and timely. Collaborates with other corporate accounting teams, AP, PFS, and Supply Chain on projects and other deliverables.
- Reconcile all assigned balance sheet accounts
- Reviews all income statement accounts for accruals and reclasses
- Work with regions on any questions / variances of accounts
- Prepares monthly roll forward schedules for accrual tracking
- Responsible for tying out intercompany accounts and resolving monthly differences
- Works with other teams to standardize corporate accounting procedures
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Above average computer literacy, e.g. EXCEL, WORD
- Knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with demonstrated teamwork skills, vendor management skills
- 5+ years of payroll and accounting experience.
- Experience required in a deadline-oriented, multi-task environment
- Experience with Meditech general ledger systems preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management and other Associates
- None required, CPA preferred