As an Accountant you will provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Assist with the preparation of month end close journal entries.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and fixed asset reconciliation annually.
- Preparation of monthly lead sheets, reconciling the detail to the General Ledger.
- Budgeting cost centers and sales territories in a sales distribution environment.
- Support both sales and operations personnel as needed.
- Analyze and research transactions and provide recommendations where appropriate.
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics and conduct.
- Travel as necessary to attend and assist with physical inventory counts in the Region's warehouses.
- Other Accountant responsibilities as assigned.
Accountant Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of one plus year of accounting experience.
- Strong general accounting skills.
- Opportunity seeker for process improvement.
- Deadline-oriented and strong attention to detail.
- Reporting research capabilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of Business Planning & Consolidation budgeting and reporting software.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting highly preferred.
- Experience with multiple regions and sets of accounting records preferred.
- Distribution and sales environment experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
An Equal Opportunity EmployerPatterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.