KDVR/KWGN is seeking a Staff Accountant. This individual will be responsible for assisting the Finance Manager with financial reporting, payroll, accounts payable and other miscellaneous finance functions. This is to be a six-month temporary assignment and can be extended on a month by month basis.
- Assist the Finance manager as necessary with processing of balance sheet account reconciliations, and any accounting cycle functions as assigned by Finance management.
- Prepare journal entries as needed for monthly financial close.
- Assist in internal and external financial and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance results.
- Accounts Payable
- Miscellaneous other duties as assigned by management.
- Qualified candidate should have an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or related experience.
- Broadcast experience a plus.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, possess strong communication skills and have the ability to remain organized and detail oriented while multi-tasking.
- Must be proficient with accounting principles, Microsoft Office applications, general ledger, accounts receivable, and accounts payable systems.
- Workday experience a plus.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to work under time constraints and manage deadlines.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States