AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Bowery Presents is the leading New York City-based concert promoter, whose mission is to bring the best artists to the New York City metropolitan area and venues spanning from Maine to the Gulf Coast, while providing the best concert experience for both fans and artists. Since its inception, The Bowery Presents has focused on artist development, consistently striving to advance artists like My Morning Jacket, Mumford & Sons, Sam Smith, and LCD Soundsystem from performing in intimate clubs to performing in sold-out arenas. As a trusted industry tastemaker, The Bowery Presents produces dynamic entertainment experiences at dozens of venues nationally, presenting more than 2,500 shows per year.
The Accountant is responsible for the closing of assigned shows for specified venues or one-offs and for the entry and coding of financial data. This position will process road checks, reconcile bank statements, maintain general maintenance of digital records for their department or venue, and work with operating staff to ensure that assigned shows are ready for settlement. The Accountant will collect and compile all invoices pertaining to each show and code to appropriate department with an ability to resolve discrepancies, field invoice inquiries, and provide support to the Sr Accountant and Accounting Manager as necessary.
- Collect and compile all invoices pertaining to each assigned show, code to appropriate department and enter in JD Edwards ensuring that all data is entered correctly and matches reports.
- Processing of road checks, daily cash receipts, invoices, artist payments, NSF checks, charge backs and all other cash transactions.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of bank statements, show files, tickets, Facebook marketing invoices, merchandise settlement, balance sheets, credit card transactions for ticket sales, and purchasing card charges for show costs – Research and resolve all necessary discrepancies.
- Work with venue operating staff to ensure proper documentation is in place for settlement. Review and vouch supporting documents in the settlement file related to all revenues and expense. Submit show close documents to Accounts Payables.
- Review and enter expenses into correct financial system. Code expenses to the appropriate department.
- Compare and maintain internal show system and JD Edwards accounting systems to ensure that financial data is accurate and up to date.
- May process and allocate payroll of part time 3rd party payroll employees.
- May be responsible for the creation of reimbursement schedules, royalties, insurance, and the entering of receivables and payables into sub ledgers.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned including: Ad-hoc projects, monthly flush, income statement, balance sheet, and generation of reports on request.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
- Years of related work experience: 2
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems and discrepancies in financial systems
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Music industry experience is preferred
- Experience with JDE, Image Now and Concur is preferred
- CPA designation is preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.