Job Posting: Jul 15, 2016 -
Closing Date: Jul 30, 2016
Primary Location: GA-Fulton-Atlanta
Number of Openings: 1
Shift: Day Job
Salary Details: Starting salary not to exceed $36,000.00 (based on experience).
Duties & Responsibilities: Performs paraprofessional accounting and fiscal control functions. Records financial transactions, analyzes and reconciles accounting records, and prepares standard accounting reports. Determines sources of errors by researching accounting records. Records correcting entries by performing adjustments, voids, or reversals of liabilities. Maintains complete, accurate, and readily accessible files that conform to applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Processes superior courts’ accounts payable obligations such as invoices, purchase orders, voucher adjustments, and travel reimbursements for judges and employees within 72 hours of receipt.
- Reviews source documents such as accounting reports, vouchers, invoices, receipts, requisitions, petty cash, travel, and other forms on a daily basis and makes any necessary corrections.
- Balances and reconciles accounting records monthly. Records include batch reports, bank statements, telecommunication invoices, agency-generated reports and other related records.
- Performs monthly accounts payable subsystem reconciliation.
- Organizes and files accounts payable documents weekly.
- Responds to accounts payable inquiries and addresses any issues within 24 hours.
- Monitors 1099 payments quarterly to verify data and to make any required changes.
- Reviews preliminary 1099 reports prior to the state’s annual reporting to the IRS.
- Reimburses counties monthly for judges’ county-paid support staff.
- Forwards certification forms to judges annually to appoint the official court reporters for each judicial circuit.
- Processes and distributes monthly travel stipends to court reporters.
- Ensures upper management is kept apprised of accounting issues and concerns.
- Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer focused orientation when performing duties and providing services or products to judges, the general public, and other internal and external customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- PeoplesSoft Financials
- Associates Degree preferred, supplemented by courses, seminars, conferences and other continuing professional education in accounting with three years of cumulative experience in a professional capacity.
- Considerable experience in the use of required modules in the state's financial system or other systems.
- Ability to organize work and set priorities.
NOTE: ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FROM HIRING AGENCY: Please attach cover letter, resume, and salary history summary to your application or FAX to 404-651-8626. (Applicants without salary history will not be considered.) Deadline to Apply: July 29, 2016.