Bookminders, a leading provider of flextime accounting jobs, is hosting an open house for candidates interested in learning more about their unique part-time employment model. We are hiring multiple qualified accounting professionals who will primarily work from their homes as our employees, providing accounting and bookkeeping services to our small business and non-profit clients. (No financial investment or sales responsibility required.)
This unique position allows the employee to enjoy a work-life balance that includes
- A Flexible Schedule - Hours are flexible and part-time, but client meetings and trainings must be conducted during normal business hours (Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm).
- Working from Home - Approximately two-thirds of the work is performed from a home office.
- High Earnings Potential - Compensation is incentive based, but corresponds with a professional level position. Earnings are scalable based on an employee's performance and the volume of work an employee chooses to take on.
- Career Development - Employees work part-time and still have the opportunity for challenging work in the accounting profession. For CPAs, Bookminders' training programs are accredited for continuing professional education.
- Operate accounting software to enter financial data and prepare reports
- Apply accounting standards when recording transactions and reconciling accounts
- Prepare accurate, professional and meaningful financial reporting for the client
- Work within established systems, standards and procedures
- Accurately track client billing information and report it to Bookminders in a timely manner
Training and Expectations
Bookminders provides employees with ongoing training to effectively service clients, including computer-based, one-on-one and group training. Job knowledge and competency is built through structured step-by-step training and coaching from management and peers. The key measurement of success is on producing accurate and consistent work based on established standards and procedures. Precise, consistent work output is essential; requiring patience and an analytical focus.
An employee's workload (and related incentive based compensation) is expected to start out low and to increase based on:
- The size and availability of client workload
- Employee's ability to learn quickly
- Consistent, accurate, quality work output
Minimum workload after six months is expected to be 20 hours per week.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in accounting or business
- Five years accounting or finance experience
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Experience with general ledger accounting software
- Separate, dedicated home office space with high-speed internet connection
- Car for local travel to meet with clients; Candidates must be able to work during business hours
Qualified candidates will be invited to an Open House to learn more about working for Bookminders and will also be asked to complete our employment testing, which includes an accounting test.