Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a part-time, up to 20 hours, Accountant for our Bloomington, IL facility.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Generate the monthly financial statements for Chestnut Health Systems. Ensure that all financial information has been recorded prior to financial statements being generated for management.
- Prepare journal entries related to revenue and expenses and adjusting journal entries as necessary.
- Review daily cash receipt activity and post transactions to general ledger.
- Assist in reconciling bank accounts and other general ledger accounts as identified. Make adjusting entries as needed. Compile quarterly Balance Sheet account reconciliation book.
- Correspond with vendors and banks as needed to resolve pending payment issues.
- Review data entry of Accounts Payable invoices for accuracy and completeness and review coding of all invoices to ensure coded to proper accounts. Follow and enforce established procedures for processing all Accounts Payable invoices.
- Give final authority to print Accounts Payable checks. Oversee check-run process and ensure that all vendors are paid in a timely manner. Oversee, plan and execute Accounts Payable month-end close process. Reconcile Accounts Payable ledger accounts.
- Input fixed assets into fixed asset module of accounting software. Run monthly depreciation report and balance to the general ledger.
- Assist in annual audits performed by outside auditors.
- Provide financial information necessary to prepare the organization’s annual budget.
- Prepare, review and distribute 1099’s annually.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Position requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with five (5) years’ related work experience (i.e., financial statement preparation, recording journal entries).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- Must possess basic mathematic and computational skills, the ability to analyze figures, and a working knowledge of computers and automated accounting systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required and must be detail oriented.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This part-time position includes eligibility for our retirement savings plan with company match, and employee assistance program.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled