Albertsons' Companies is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 280,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. Albertsons' Companies is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randall's, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The National Services Center located in Northwest Phoenix, has an opening for a Accountant - Store Accounting
The Accountant position is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the department. They support the collection, classification, analysis, and reporting of financial results of the company. They are responsible for coordination and communication related to various subject matter areas.
• Process daily or weekly payments as needed.
• Coordinate weekly sales reporting and audit process.
• Prepare journal entries.
• Review and complete balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Review P&L accounts to ensure reporting accuracy.
• Make recommendations and present ideas for process improvements.
• Complete special projects and/or prepare reports.
• Train and assist associates in specific accounting tasks and in the use of systems.
• Assist manager with workload assessments and ensure critical task completion.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Education Level: 4 year college degree in Accounting or similar field required
Experience Level: Prefer minimum of 1-2 years of general accounting experience
Skills and Experiences:
• Strong foundation in accounting skills with knowledge of rules, regulations and standards including understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Capable of managing numerous, simultaneous projects
• Must consistently demonstrate a positive attitude
• Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills
• Must have good interpersonal skills and be a team player
• Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Excel and Word, SQL experience preferred
• Good organizational and analytical skills with ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• High degree of initiative, accuracy, and adaptability
• Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting the strongest business ethics.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Minimal.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a temperature controlled office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled