Accountant – Recoverable Revenue, Accounting Team
A successful Recoverable Revenue Accountant at Unibial-Rodamco-Westfield is a highly motivated individual looking for career growth. They will have the ability to think outside the box and actively participate in process improvement initiatives. They will also be willing to assist with project work to elevate the team and entire Shared Services department. Challenges and new projects will drive this individual to perform at the top of their game.
We are looking for an Accountant with:
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and general quantitative skills.
- Ability to interpret and research legal documents (typically leases) and decipher their provisions.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to provide explanations for income statement and balance sheet fluctuation schedules applicable for CAM and Tax for internal and external periodic audits. CAM audit experience a plus.
- Ability to perform iterative pro-rata CAM and Tax calculations. Triple Net and Base Year lease experience a plus.
- Ability to multitask and work simultaneously on several projects under strict timelines and with accuracy.
- Independent self-starter, motivated with the ability to undertake projects in their entirety, which will embrace their function and look at the whole picture to bring accuracy, completeness, and quality to the department and organization as a whole.
- Committed ownership of assigned duties and results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented and strives for continuous improvement.
- Works well independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong focus on customer service to both internal and external customers
- Actively participates in department improvement opportunities
The minimum requirements and skills include:
- 3-5 years Accounting experience (Retail or Commercial Real Estate preferred)
- A Bachelor Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Math
- Operating expense reconciliations, forecasts and tenant escrows experience preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Excel and other office software
- Experience with integrated software packages; JD Edwards experience a plus
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Experience in working in a fast paced, dynamic, growth environment
- Accounting/Finance experience with a real estate company
- Applicable General ledger and financial statement preparation experience preferred
- Experience with JD Edwards Expense Participation module
- Lease abstraction experience
- Experience with multiyear CAM audits