Role Value Proposition:
Controls, Analysis and Reporting (CAR) is primarily responsible for ensuring the fair, accurate, and timely reporting of MetLife’s financial results on both a GAAP and statutory basis. In this role on the reinsurance reporting team, you will partner closely with business partners in various other reporting teams, both in and outside of CAR, in order to provide accurate and timely reinsurance reporting, analytical responses and ad-hoc replies. The reinsurance reporting team is a highly specialized team of experienced accountants and analysts with diverse knowledge that seek out solutions to new reporting requirements and streamlining of existing processes.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly journal entries & wire transfers, reconciliations and assist with monthly/quarterly financial reporting
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end regulatory reporting, financial statements and related information
- Research variances and complete monthly/quarterly analytics to include interaction and coordination with the lines of business, administrative areas and actuaries in carrying out assigned financial reporting responsibilities
- Assist in the research and clearing of specific legal entity related monthly reinsurance uneliminated balances and other related issues as required during the monthly close process
- Responsible for assigned process improvements, ongoing initiatives and projects and communication with management on progress of such items
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 2 to 5 yrs. financial reporting and or accounting experience.
- Experience with STAT and/or GAAP accounting practices/procedures.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently with limited assistance, ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in excel, word and powerpoint.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant accounting and/or reporting experience; insurance accounting experience preferred
- Exposure to both GAAP and STAT accounting principles
- Experienced with financial reporting tools including HFM, HFM Smartview, OBIEE, Cubus/Essbase and Peoplesoft
Financial Management Group - Reinsurance Regulatory Reporting
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 111001
Nearest Major Market: Tampa