Accountant, Retail, Financial Accounting - (Loveland, Colorado, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reports to the Manager, Retail Financial Accounting.
What you will do:
- Complete day-to-day accounting and month-end close process, including journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and income statement variance analysis
- Completion of information requests from external, internal auditors and corporate tax
- Maintain monthly, quarterly reports and assist with organizing quarterly meetings for SOX compliance
- Reconcile and prepare consolidated financials for joint venture
- Work with other departments as needed to improve inter-departmental processes and to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Provide financials and business analysis to support key strategic objectives
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
What you will bring:
- Highly detail oriented
- Self-Motivated and able to prioritize and work well with competing deadlines
- Mature attitude and ability to deal effectively in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong integrity and business ethics
- Ability to lead by example and work well with others
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from a recognized institution
- CPA or CMA is preferred
- Public accounting experience is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant business experience is required
- Understanding of IFRS & US GAAP rules
- Demonstrated leadership skills are required
- Demonstrated analytical skills are required
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran