We have an exciting career opportunity for a dynamic and experienced professional to assume the position of Accountant. The Accountant is a critical member o the Finance team and will be responsible for financial reporting and improving financial processes for multiple locations for skilled nursing facilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates in financial system implementations and improvements
• Investigates and resolves financial accounting, reporting and system issues
• Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
• Maintains general ledger by maintaining balance sheet reconciliations and reconciling entries
• Performs a wide variety of analytical activities focused on maintaining and improving financial processes to maximize quality of service and cost effectiveness
• Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements
• Interprets, analyzes, explains, and makes recommendations to company management, based on financial reporting data
• Facilitate period end closes (Monthly and Annually
• Understand and prepare period end journal entries.
• Prepare financial reports as required by management.
• Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
• Assist in completion of third-party cost reports and audits, federal and state tax returns, and annual independent financial audit, in accordance with the appropriate standards\
Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Perform other duties as necessary
Salaried position - competitive salary based on experience.