Vighter Medical Group is hiring an Accountant at our corporate office to oversee and execute payroll, invoicing, expense reports, and other related tasks as assigned. Applicants must have experience with Deltek Costpoint 7 software to be considered.
- Manages the execution of corporate finance tasks including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and others as assigned.
- Interface with business leaders and build relationships in support of financial planning and performance measurement including reporting and analysis
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process
- Oversees, monitors and works to improve accounting procedures, internal controls and database management.
- Ensure completion of month-end reports, bank reconciliations and payroll processing
- Compile and analyze financial information, report to the CFO cost/benefit findings and make improvement recommendations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting and inventory management in a constant search for operational efficiency.
- Responsible for performing complex finance related tasks without the benefit of close guidance
- Ability to work proactively, solve problems, and make decisions with minimal supervision
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency with Costpoint 7 is required
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Shall be proficient in English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required
- Proficiency with G-Suite for Business and related programs is desired
Experience & Education:
- Bachelors degree in finance or a related field is required
- A minimum of 5 years of finance/accounting experience is preferred
- Government contracting experience is preferred
- Must have a stable work history
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work more than 40 hours per week if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up & down stairs
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor office or outdoor environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must undergo urine drug testing
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.