Bestica requires a full-time accountant to help maintain the books under the guidance of accountant consultant and implement the changes in the processes. We operate on guiding principles and core values which strive to create a culture of leadership, excellence, community, balance and accountability, with the ultimate goal of exceeding the customer’s expectations on each and every project.
Since 2005 we have been a trusted provider of solutions in Information Technology and Healthcare sectors to the DoD, Federal and Commercial markets. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, recently we were awarded as 3rd fastest growing company in San Antonio by Business Journal and one of the top 10 fastest growing company by INC500.
As an Accountant you daily activities will include but not limited to making necessary entries in the accounting system on a regular basis. Interface or input banking transactions, payroll and travel expense transactions to the accounting system. Maintain expense by each Project / Job in a separate system (e.g. MS Excel) as per DCAA guidelines and help analyze job costs and status. Be the backup of Billing and Payroll functions. Work closely with the office manager to ensure timely recording of billing and payroll transactions into the accounting system. The ideal candidate will have experience with Quickbooks for Accounting and preferably payroll.
- Complete all the monthly (or at any other required frequency) billing to Bestica clients including the commercial establishments and the government clients, employees, contractors and most of the vendors.
- Complete all accounting transactions in the accounting system that Bestica employs (currently, Quickbooks) by bringing in Bank statements, Credit Card statements, payroll details from the respective systems into the accounting system. Accounting transactions for Bestica’s joint ventures (BDFS and SFS) for a part of this activity.
- Complete creating and sending out Purchase Orders to Bestica vendors and sub-contractors as needed in a timely manner.
- Complete commission calculations for all recruiters and sales employees quarterly/monthly as needed.
- Ensure that Bestica and its associated companies are being paid on a timely basis by all the government and commercial clients.
- Perform periodic analysis on the accounting reports and systems to make sure that the transactions are being recorded correctly and timely; and verify the correctness of various financial reports.
- Provide monthly reporting on P&L, Sales, AR and AP each month and present an analysis to the CEO and VP operations in monthly meetings. Work with VP Operations to create and analyze other financial information to help business arrive at better decisions; eg. Forecasting of Sales, Actual Fringe and Overhead costs on a given contract and pricing various proposals.
- Help with responding to the requests for financial information by various business partners, clients, bank and the government (SBA, GSA etc)
- Help Bestica team with the analysis of healthcare options each year and to implement the chosen plan among Bestica employees.
- Ensure that the chart of accounts and the recording of transactions are in accordance to the DCAA and GAAP standards and that Bestica’s accounts are ready for a DCAA audit all at times.
- Make recommendations to improve the processes and help implement the agreed upon recommendations. Help with the evaluation of any new Accounting, Timekeeping or HR systems that Bestica may consider in order to improve its functioning and in keeping up with the growth.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems with approval. Assess and evaluate financial performance about long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan. Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- In addition to DCAA and GAAP standards, also assist Bestica in becoming and maintaining SCA compliance where appropriate when relating to financial tracking/matters (Ex. SCA PTO reqs)
- Review and recommend industry best practices where appropriate
- Any other accounting, finance and banking related tasks as agreed with the Bestica management from time to time.
Why Work with us?
We at Bestica believe our success is a direct result of hard work and outstanding employee dedication. Our environment is dynamic, friendly, and collaborative. We foster a positive culture, where innovation and synergy are encouraged to build our workplace into a community of like-minded, passionate people.
Our benefits include:
- Medical and Vision Insurance Plans
- Retirement Plans with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short-Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Flexible Working Hours
If this opportunity aligns with your capabilities and career desires, please take a moment to visit our website at www.bestica.com. Send us your resume, along with a cover letter indicating the contribution you will make at Bestica