This isNot Your Everyday Job,and we'reNot Your Everyday Company.James Moore & Co. is a leading CPA and consulting firm that serves clients throughout Florida and the U.S. and in nearly 15 countries globally. We were ranked as one of the 2018 Top 100 Fastest Growing Accounting Firms in the country byAccounting Today,and most importantly, named as one of that publication'sBest Companies to Work Forbecause:
- Welovewhat we do.
- Ourpeopleare awesome. We have marathon runners, cave divers, world travelers, foodies, veterans, sports fans, animal lovers, and more. We speak nearly ten languages and hail from eight countries around the world. We have family people, single people, and most importantly...happy people.
- We offer a career with upward mobility and a work family (not just a job).
- We asked our employees to give us one word that best represents James Moore. The unsurprising favorites werefamily, caring, fun, flexibleandinnovative.
But don't just take our word for it. See what our employees have to say:
"Having worked at two big 4 firms, I have to say that James Moore's culture blows the others out of the water."
"...The best part of working here is the people. Not only are they like family, but I learn from them too."
"...It is such an uplifting culture where I feel comfortable speaking to people at all levels and all divisions in the firm. Before, I felt like a number. Here, I feel like a part of a family of hard-working individuals that don't take themselves too seriously."
Our Firm is currently looking for anAccountant and Tax Preparer to join our team. If you possess great organizational skills, have the ability to work independently and set priorities, this is the position for you!
This position will be hands on, interact and coordinate with clients to ensure proper accounting treatment, execution of accounting functions and reporting of results. This position is responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements, while addressing tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and year-end audit preparation. This position will work in a team environment assisting with the tax return preparation as well as the tax return review process.
Desired Skills and Experience
This position requires a high school diploma or GED and 3 years of related experience. AA or technical degree is preferred.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who has a desire to expand their accounting knowledge.
Additional qualifications and requirements include:
- Self-driven, demonstrates initiative and able to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to positively and proactively manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and thrive in fast-pace, dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Extensive experience in bookkeeping
- Advanced knowledge of multiple accounting software systems, preferably Microsoft Office (Excel), QuickBooks and MIP
- Ability to perform office and bookkeeping duties accurately and efficiently without supervision
- Attention to detail with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of the tax process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using tax preparation software, such asCCH Axcess Suite as well as Microsoft Office
- Ability to positively and proactively manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
James Moore & Co., CPAs is one of the top ten (10) regional accounting firms in Florida with offices in Daytona Beach, DeLand, Gainesville, and Tallahassee. Our practice includes tax, assurance, accounting & controllership, wealth management, HR solutions, technology solutions, corporate training and business advisory services. Our diverse industry specializations include start-up technology, healthcare, government, non-profit, manufacturing, higher education, construction and real estate. James Moore & Co., CPAs offers competitive salary, and flexible environment, balancing family and quality of life.