Every member of the U.S. Engineering family is expected to understand and consistently demonstrate the following Core Values:
- Exhibit integrity in everything we do.
- Listen, identify and respond to customer needs.
- Provide quality, on schedule, at a competitive price.
- Respect, challenge and recognize each employee.
- Ensure a safe working environment.
This is for a six month contract position and has the possibility of going full-time.
The Accounting Administrator supports the Accounting Department and overall corporate operations by performing a variety of accounting clerical tasks including, reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable and billing.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Prepares month-end accounting transfers and reconciliations.
- Verifies data entered into the company s accounting system such as accounts payable, accounts receivable invoices, job information and cost codes, forecast figures, etc.
- Prepares and distributes various accounting reports, as needed, to support Corporate Accounting operations.
- Performs data entry into the company s accounting system. This includes such items as; accounts payable, accounts receivable invoices, entering job information and cost codes, forecast figures, etc.
- Compares vendor/subcontractor invoices to purchase orders or contracts to verify quantities, price, payment terms, freight charges, extensions, etc. Computes discounts, makes sales/use tax determinations and places invoices in line for payment.
- Establishes and maintains efficient filing system for general accounting documents.
- Performs similar administrative accounting or general administrative duties of team members as a backup when needed.
- Prepare customer billings for special projects; includes collection of cost information, and coordinating with vendors, subcontractors, and Project Managers on status, Purchase Orders, etc. as needs allow
- Reconcile selected general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
The Accounting Administrator will be responsible for performing general accounting duties in support of a region, in one or more divisions, such as large construction or service and special contracts. Specific tasks will depend upon the regional department operational needs and may focus more heavily on certain accounting functions – such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Billings, etc.
X Individual Contributor – no subordinates.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Some college level coursework in Accounting preferred.
- At least 2 years experience performing a function of accounting or bookkeeping.
- Some experience in Accounts Receivable and/or Accounts Payable.
- Experience within the construction industry helpful.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of bookkeeping and/or accounting procedures and techniques.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Focus on delivering results and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and with other individuals.
- Flexibility and willingness to help where needed in the department.
- Experience with payroll administration preferred.
Physical and/or travel demands:
- Frequent sitting, use of keyboard/monitor, use of 10-key and use of telephone.
- No travel required.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and job specifications required of employees so classified. U.S. Engineering reserves the right to revise as needed. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.