Tenneco, Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for an Accounting Analyst, External Reporting. This position will report to the Manager of External Reporting and assist the Senior Analyst, External Reporting. Maintain a continuous improvement mindset and seek opportunities to streamline the reporting processes. This Accounting Analyst, External Reporting will be a valued member of the Corporate Finance department where we strive to promote from within wherever possible; therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager.We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Prepare, analyze and reconcile financial data and perform complex financial analysis.
- Apply knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC filing requirements to prepare and detail review the supporting documentation and analyses for SEC (10Q/10K, including MD&A disclosures) other related filings.
- Assist as needed with technical research and prepare quarterly and annual GAAP disclosure checklists to ensure compliance with accounting and SEC guidelines and completeness of financial statements.
- Develop and perform controls over financial reporting and maintain an effective control environment.
- Seek opportunities to optimize Workiva (Wdesk) application beyond SEC reporting functionality.
- Review quarterly consolidated balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analyses.
- Provide support to any special and ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Ensure close coordination with external auditors and internal process owners to facilitate the quarterly reviews and annual audit of financial statements and internal controls.
- Assist in the detailed XBRL tagging process of financing statements and footnotes.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years accounting experience (Big Four experience is a plus )
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and research skills
- Proficient with Microsoft tools (word, excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience in HFM (or Onestream) and Workiva (Wdesk) web filing is a plus
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-driven with the ability to plan own time carefully and to prioritize and with ability to meet deadlines
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Hard working, able to handle pressure and have the flexibility to be available at peak pressure moments
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills with critical attention to detail