Tenneco, Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for an Accounting Analyst, Global Consolidations. The Accounting Analyst, Global Consolidations is a key contributor to the group’s monthly closing process, both in carrying out specific central consolidation activities as well as in supporting Finance colleagues worldwide. This position is involved in the analysis of the financial results of the group and supports the drafting of both financial reporting to the DRiV management and directors as well as external disclosures such as the consolidated financial statements. The Accounting Analyst, Global Consolidations will also be involved in tasks and projects under the supervision of the Senior Finance Manager, Global Consolidations, including group-wide system upgrades and process enhancements and transitions. This person will be a valued member of the Corporate Finance department where we strive to promote from within wherever possible; therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager.We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Prepare journal entries, roll-forwards and support schedules integral to completion of the company’s financial statements and footnotes.
- Responsible for preparing and standardizing reports and supporting documentation to streamline and improve the monthly, quarterly and annual close.
- Coordinate and perform specific steps in the monthly closing and consolidation process, including but not limited to; the inter-company reconciliation process, posting of consolidation adjustments, and performing checks of consistency and completeness ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Ensure that business units submit financial data in accordance with deadlines and that appropriate reviews of the information submitted are performed.
- Analyze and review monthly, quarterly and annual schedules submitted by the business units.
- Prepare financial statement analytic packages.
- Perform controls over reporting and consolidation process and maintain an effective control environment.
- Maintain and communicate accurate foreign exchange rates in the accounting systems to support proper consolidation and valuation.
- Support the quarterly and annual external reporting process and prepare consolidated supporting schedules for the SEC reporting team.
- Assist with quarterly reviews and annual audit performed by the external auditors, and support information requests from the business groups.
- Perform special projects as needed.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years accounting experience (Big Four experience a plus)
- Experience in consolidating multi-company financial statements in a multi-currency environment
- Knowledge of elimination entries and consolidations process
- Relevant experience within an analytical role (analysis of financial statements, variance and trend analysis, data interpretation analysis)
- Strong skill set with Office Products (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Consolidation system experience (HFM or One Stream) a plus
- Experience in SAP a plus
- CPA or MBA a plus
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-driven with the ability to plan own time carefully and to prioritize and with ability to meet deadlines
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Hard working, able to handle pressure and have the flexibility to be available at peak pressure moments
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills with critical attention to detail