Performs general accounting functions for the Organization. Knowledgeable of GAAP principles and OSHPD guidelines for financial preparation essential. Knowledge in determining booking journal entries in accordance with GAAP. Duties may include Fixed Asset Management or Cash Management. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures. Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance, and conduct. May supervise personnel, and lead within the department when the manager/supervisor is unavailable.
- Prepares interim and year-end audit schedules in a timely manner and ensures the accuracy of the information provided.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly Account Analysis in a consistent and timely manner for general ledger accounts assigned.
- Assists other departments with requests for information regarding charges to their cost centers.
- Prepares journal entries in a timely manner, with supporting documentation for Hospital Entities, and allows enough time for review.
- Maintains audit trail/records supporting all journal entries in a reasonable and accessible manner.
- Assists in completing schedules for the 990 returns.
- Assists in the preparation/coordination of quarterly and annual tax payments for hospital entities.
- Assists in completing schedules for OSHPD reporting.
- Prepares sales tax returns for Hospital.
- Reconciles schedules to general ledger and verifies clerical accuracy.
- Cross-trains peers on job responsibilities so that tasks are completed in the employee’s absence and actively participates in the cross-training of peers’ responsibilities.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new procedures, readily accepts new responsibilities, participates as a team player and contributes to the overall success of the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In addition to the ‘Essential Functions’ above, specific to the Accounting Analyst II assigned to Fixed Assets, the duties and responsibilities also include but are not limited to the followin
- Maintains monthly supporting documentation for all Construction, ‘In Progress’, and related PPE additions, transfers, and disposals.
- Creates input datasheet for all fixed asset additions, transfers, and disposals, for entry into the automated asset tracking software system.
- Identifies all transactions affecting PPE accounts and prepares schedules that reconcile to General Ledger.
- Recognizes gains/losses on the sale/trade-in of equipment and prepares journal entry to record the transaction.
- Monitors Construction ‘In Progress’ and closes each job accurately and in a timely manner.
- Evaluates the depreciation expense account for year-to-date accuracy.
- Assists other departments with authorized requests for more information or explanation of activities that impact their cost centers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interacts with the Accounts Payable to ensure receipt of documentation of projects and fixed asset invoices.
- Completes the Annual Business Property Statements required by the County of Orange timely, and accurately.
- Properly files all Business Property Statements and related work papers.
- In addition to the ‘Essential Functions’ mentioned above, specific to the Accounting Analyst II assigned to Cash Management, the duties and responsibilities also include but are not limited to the followin
- Prepares bank reconciliations for the Hospital and related entities ensuring variances are verified and addressed.
- Prepares daily cash reports for Treasury ensuring funds’ balances are appropriate for pending transactions.
- Monitors daily cash receipts and disbursements ensuring the proper G/L account coding will be applied.
- Initiates funds transfer for related entities, ensuring funds are submitted properly and recorded directly.
- Interacts regularly with Client Service Advisors for multiple financial institutions regarding solutions for various banking transaction issues.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- High-School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of 5 years' experience.
- Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Hospital/healthcare accounting experience desirable.
Skills or Other Qualifications:
- Demonstrates effective communication, interpersonal skills, Problem Solving, Analytical, Reasoning, Proactive, Flexibility/Adaptive to change, Ability to Multi-task, Work under Stressful Conditions, Independent Judgment, Mathematical, Business Acumen/Demeanor Customer Service, Teamwork/Team Player, Organization Skills.
- Working knowledge of the general ledger system.
- Ability to complete tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
- Computer experience required (Excel, Word), good written and oral communication, interpersonal skills, organizational ability.
Position Reports to Accounting GL Supervisor