- Evaluates public company financial statements.
- Public companies issue (10-k) annual financial statements as required by the Security and Exchange Commission.
- The statements include the balance sheet, the income statement, the statement of cash flows and the notes to the financial statements.
- Specifically, the notes to the financial statements contain considerable quantitative detail supporting the financial statements along with narrative information.
- Utilizes accounting system, billing system, and spreadsheet.
- Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliation.
- Assist with the month-end closing process, and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepares closing journal entries, posts accrual entries, and prepares financial statements.
- Maintains fixed assets which includes preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger to fixed assets system, and preparation of depreciation schedules for budgeting purposes.
- MA/MS desired; a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area.
- No less than 1 to 2 years of relevant experience. (Two full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education, masters, graduate, or professional degree may be substituted for one year of relevant experience.)