Fidelity Life Insurance Associate Accounting Analyst
This position is responsible for processing and posting daily/monthly/quarterly investment and cash activity and journal entries to the general ledger and the PAM investment system for the investment accounts. The role will also assist in the monthly/quarterly financial reporting process and will participate in the year end external audit over financial results. This role will hold primary responsibility processing certain wire disbursements on a daily basis.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- BA referable with an Accounting or Finance concentration
- Advanced degree, CPA or specialized training is a plus
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, energy, execution and eagerness to learn
- Team player who takes initiative and works constructively with others to achieve team goals
The Purpose of Your Role
- Process the business critical function of the daily separate account trade through UVT. Communicate the daily trade purchase/sale activity to FIIS and the outside fund companies.
- Prepare/send the daily trade and Finance related wires to JP Morgan.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly investment account accounting entries; identify items for investigation and recommend corrective actions.
- Reconcile the daily cash activity back to the JP Morgan daily operating account bank statements. Prepare daily accounting entries for cash; reconcile the monthly outstanding checks to the controlled disbursement bank. Prepare monthly/quarterly PAM investment reports and other corporate close/statutory reporting requirements for the investment accounts.
- Reconcile the outside fund assets and prepare the monthly outside fund management fee bills and monitor collection.
- Prepare the revenue accrual for transfer agent, 12-B1 revenue share agreements.
- Responsible for multiple Investment reconciliation's - including PAM/UVT, Dividend, and G/A custodial
- Annual Green Book reporting (interface with TCP).
- Participate in the development and completion of special projects as assigned
The Skills You Bring
- 2-4 years of experience in a finance or accounting position
- Excellent accounting and/or financial analysis skills, ability to communicate well and interface with all levels/disciplines Excellent planning, prioritization, problem solving and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn financial systems and multi-dimensional reporting tools (i.e., Oracle and Essbase)
- Aptitude to learn new things quickly and adapt to new situations
- Strong Excel skills are required
- A strong sense of accountability/autonomy is a needed trait for this role as there are daily activities that must occur prior to 8:00 AM and issues sometimes arise that need independent troubleshooting on a tight schedule.
The Value You Deliver
On our team, you will be expected to build deep working relationships with appropriate and relevant contacts. You will create and maintain high quality and accurate financial transactions and records in an efficient and well controlled environment.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
FILI is a key business unit within Fidelity’s Personal Investing (PI) business. FILI offers insurance products and distributes third-party carrier insurance products to retail customers. Through these offerings, FILI provides comprehensive insurance product solutions and strong earnings to PI. This role will have an integral part in meeting internal financial reporting as well as regulatory obligations. One of the most important functions of the role will be settling daily trades on behalf of our customers. This is critical in ensuring the accuracy of customer investments within the separate accounts.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.