Veritude is hiring for an Accounting Analyst in Smithfield, RI
An Accounting Analyst is able to work independently and as part of a team to ensure processing checkpoints are met efficiently and accurately. This role supports a virtual mutual fund supermarket of more than 5,000 mutual fund companies through Fidelity Funds Network programs.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field required
- 1-3 years work experience.
The Purpose of Your Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for the complete month end close process including creation of key reports, collections, management of aged receivables, ensuring that policies and procedures are kept up to date and leading process improvement initiatives as assigned. Research and resolve open items discovered in the reconciliation of the general ledger accounts.
The Skills You Bring
- You bring strong interpersonal and communication skills, including strong verbal and business writing.
- You bring strong follow-up.
- You bring excellent knowledge of PC applications.
- You bring knowledge of mainframe systems.
- You bring the ability to work independently as well as be a team player.
The Value You Deliver
- Ensuring data accuracy and processing checkpoints are met in generating and distributing monthly and quarterly invoices.
- Allocating revenue across business units.
- Resolving receivable/contractual issues with relationship management team.
- Participating in bi-weekly meeting with relationship management team.
- Preparing monthly trending reports for management review.
- Reconciling accounts receivable.
- Assisting in ad hoc projects as assigned.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Through Fidelity Funds Network program, customers have access to a virtual mutual fund supermarket of more than 5,000 mutual fund companies, representing over 12,800 mutual share class options, from over 400 popular fund companies. The funds are organized into four categories: Non-Transaction Fee Funds, Transaction Fee Funds, Offshore Funds and Fund Updates. The Accounting analyst role is to support this product through the creation of invoices, tracking and resolving of aged accounts receivables, and by providing management reporting to the various business units. This candidate should demonstrate influence within the department and with internal/external business partners along with having the ability to lead people in projects.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.