Country:United States of America
Location:HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.When you join our finance team, you’re joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe.As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, you’ll be not only be advancing your career, you’ll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
This position is for an Established Accounting professional. Performs a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards related to general accounting, general ledger, projects, and / or government accounting. Compiles and maintains accounting statements, reports, general ledger accounts, cost revenue reports, balance sheets, and / or bank statement reconciliations in order to ensure smooth functioning of the processes.
• Performs a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards related to general accounting, general ledger, projects, and / or government accounting, to ensure accuracy of the accounting entries.
• Compiles and maintains accounting statements, reports, general ledger accounts, cost revenue reports, balance sheets, and / or bank statement reconciliations in order to ensure smooth functioning of the processes.
• Monitors account entries and control activities to ensure accuracy of information.
• Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations based onfinancial data.
• Assists on projects, and internal and external audits to ensure quality of project and timely completion.
• Compares budget to actual costs and provides advice to ensure budgets are adhered to.
• Prepares basic financial analysis in order to ensure accuracy of financial reporting.
• Follows accounting policies and procedures and control processes to ensure work is as per standard defined.
• Develops, directs, plans and evaluates accounting policies and procedures including cost accounting, general accounting, and statutory accounting
• Manages the planning and direction of accounting activities, including the maintenance of the ledger accounts and financial statements.
• Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions, including coordination and administration of assignments.
• Conducts or assists in the documentation of cost, government and project accounting in addition to attending to financial reporting.
• Negotiates and advises on collection of overdue bills and takes appropriate action to recover overdue payments.
• Coordinates credit review, collection of unpaid bills, and fraud investigations either internally or through an outsourced service.
• Manages and investigates tax, consolidation and close data.
• Investigates and manages intercompany, holding company and fixed asset accounting.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree or three years of prior relevant experience
Experience / Qualifications
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- SAP experience required
- CPA license preferred, not required
- Strong Excel skills preferred
- Proactive attitude to solving problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in manufacturing industry a plus
- Good knowledge of accounting controls and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms